Thursday, June 5, 2014

Egg Muffins



I wanted to make savoury muffins for the longest time. Egg muffins seemed like the easiest ones to try... and I did. They turned out yummy and so tasty. Even my hubby who is generally not open to experiments loved it. 

Ingredients
- 2 or 3 eggs, depending on how big your mould is. My mould is quite shallow and so I needed 3 eggs
- Veggies- tomato, capsicum, onion, cauliflower. I did not have mushrooms and corn else would have added them
- salt to taste
- black pepper

You can also add tomato ketchup, cheese or any other sauce you have. I decided to keep it simple

Method:
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius
- Chop all the veggies together
- Grease a muffin mould
- Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper
- Mix all the veggies with the beaten eggs
- Pour the mixture in each mould ensuring a proper mix of veggies and eggs is present in each muffin cup
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins at 180 degree celsius. I tried baking it for 10 mins but it was insufficient. I think 20 mins should do it
- Let it cool and then remove from the moulds

They can be eaten as b'fast or dinner.  Very tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment